Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#880 by stephen11962
Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:24 pm
I have just started trying to use fills for elevation studies. I notice that the fills sometime "bleed" over the containing lines. This bleeding can appear both on screen and on printouts - although the location and quality are not consistent from screen to paper.

What causes this and how to compensate?

Stephen Levine
#881 by TheNextStepp
Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:41 pm
I use fills in every drawing I create and never notice any bleeding. If it were occuring on the paper alone then I would say that the paper was probably just a cheap bond or something but if its bleeding over on the screen then that truely is weird. I am sure someone here might have some idea as to whats going on but I have not experienced that yet.

Good Luck,
Brookes Stepp
#889 by archjjg
Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:59 am
could it be that you have 'overshoots' turned on for the hatching?
#929 by deliriousga
Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:41 pm
Where is the "overshoots" setting mentioned? I have trouble with the contiguous search. It keeps going and going and going sometimes like there's a hole in the area I'm filling. I clean everything up and still the same. Is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks
#931 by archjjg
Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:53 pm
overshoots are in the line type settings
#1161 by joebagadonuts
Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:54 pm
....and you can turn overshoots on or off from the 'display' menu.