Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#12801 by Greg Blandin
Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:10 am
Is there a good comparison for the line weights / pen weights between DataCAD and AutoCAD?

We are working with another firm that uses AutoCAD and want to try to coordinate accordingly.

Thanks.

Greg
#12802 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:03 am
Hello Greg,

As I understand it, ACAD also uses colors mapped to colors, so you will need to get that color/pen table from them, and then you need to create the DcadWin.TBL file that gets the correct "roundtrip" colors.
#12803 by Greg Blandin
Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:16 pm
If I gave them a copy of my pen table, they'd be able to adjust accordingly?
#12805 by Graeme
Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:42 pm
They sure should be able to.

But that all depends on the operator
#12809 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:18 pm
Hi Greg,

Are you working for them, or are they working for you?

The DcadWin.TBL file is related to the DcadWin.RGB file, and it translates the DataCAD screen colors to the ACAD screen colors, and back again. This way, you work in the colors that you want to, and they work in the colors that they want to, and you both get the plotted lines that you need to.
#12871 by deliriousga
Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:50 am
We made a pen table in AutoCAD that matches our pen tables we use in DataCAD. When we send files to the engineer, we ask if they would like the matching pen table for AutoCAD so they don't have to spend time creating things we already have.

We also take our hatch patterns and use HatchKit to save them in AutoCAD format so everything goes back and forth smoothly.