Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#12829 by artmanvt2000
Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:10 am
Does anyone know how to change the settings for "To Drawing" in the measures command. The default for setting for area is "Area=##.# ft^2" and because of the font we use it doesn't reconize the raise 2. I would like it if it could just display ##.# S.F. I have searched but have not found a place to change it. Thanks to all that can help.
#12830 by wolverine
Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:49 am
I usually edit my text to reflect what I need. This may be a pain if you are doing mutiple take offs though. What if you change your text temporarily when doing your area calc's? Would be nice if you could have text sensitive layers.
#12831 by jlmcougar
Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:52 am
What are you trying to do. Please explain a bit more in detail?
#12833 by Greg Blandin
Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:51 pm
When you do an area calculation in the measure option and then post that information to the drawing it comes up with ### ft sq (except the sq is a superscript 2)

Depending on the font you use depends on whether that superscript 2 shows up.

His question is whether you can change it to read S.F. instead of ft (superscript)2 when it come up on the drawing instead of having to go back and change each individually.
#12847 by artmanvt2000
Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:31 am
Greg,
That is exactly what I am trying to do. We do a lot of schematic drawing where we put the area of the rooms right on the drawing. If there was a way to edit the Area format, like you can edit the date & file stamps, it would save a lot of text editing time. If there is no way to change it I guess I will just learn to deal with it, but it should be something to think about for future releases.
#12848 by Paul Nida
Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:11 am
Try adding this limne to the General section of your DCADWIN.INI file:

Superscripted Areas and Volumes=FALSE
#12859 by Paul Nida
Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:30 pm
Try it and see. It turns off superscripting and just shows sq. ft. like it used to. I thought that is what you were asking for, but if not, nevermind.
#12860 by artmanvt2000
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:01 pm
I will have to try it. That is what I am looking for. I just didn't realize by making that change it would fix my problem. Thanks a lot for the tip.
#12863 by Paul Nida
Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:45 pm
You are welcome, Arthur. I thought that is what you were asking for but I have been known to be mistaken. Once, maybe twice.

Good luck
#12870 by artmanvt2000
Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:46 am
Paul,
Thank you very much. That isn't exactly what I wanted to do, however it will cut down on a lot of editting.
#12874 by Greg Blandin
Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:53 am
Paul Nida wrote:You are welcome, Arthur. I thought that is what you were asking for but I have been known to be mistaken. Once, maybe twice.

Good luck

*snicker*
#12885 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:24 am
artmanvt2000 wrote:Does anyone know how to change the settings for "To Drawing" in the measures command. The default for setting for area is "Area=##.# ft^2" and because of the font we use it doesn't reconize the raise 2...
Hello Arthur,

May I ask you which is this font you use ?

We deal daily with the extended ASCII characters, because is over ASCII 127 where are present the accented, cedil, and special signs characters like the superscripted, diameter, degree, etc.
TTF font has all configured by standard, but .CHR fonts do not. Or 'almost' do not.
There are a few CHR fonts, whose source we had access, that were rebuilt entirely with the charset of code page 850 (international).
I have available 5 fonts with this characters:
Roman
Orig
Orig2
AVG_tp (Avant-Garde in vectorial shape)
HLV11-BR (HLV-850 updated to DC 11 and DC 10)
Mini11BR, which is the HLV11-BR but follows Roman size.

If you want to give it a try, you can download the fonts from here:
http://www.datacad.com.br/down/sup-dc/fontes/fontes.zip

Note: To get the superscript sign you should reset Paul Nida's change advise.

Hope it helps in some way.

Thanks,
Miguel
Last edited by Miguel Palaoro on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#12920 by artmanvt2000
Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:59 pm
Paul Nida's way did work. I however use arctext and arcquik for fonts. I am very hesitant to use ttf font. I find that the work slower that chr fonts and I have noticed quirky problems with ttf's used with xclips. But thanks a lot for the advice.

It just would be nice to edit the format. It would be nice to eliminate the "Area =" and change the "SQ. FT." to "S.F." that is just kind of wish list for future releases.
#12937 by Leigh
Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:13 pm
I'm with you arthur. I would also like to see the sizes change automatically when you change the size of the polygons.