Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#12927 by MtnArch
Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:47 pm
I believe that this has to do with how it prints - but that's only what I've surmised based on my Acad plotting experience. Maybe Dave G., Mark M. or Mark T. could elaborate on it?
#12928 by joshhuggins
Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:07 pm
It mainly applies to changing entities display/print order like SBF's. Say you have two red SBF's on the same layer, but one has a border on it and you want that one to display/print on top, you can Move To Front, and picking it will bring it to the top of everything on that layer. It takes a little playing with to get things just right as the display/print order of this can be a little tricky.

Check out :arrow: this post for a idea on how Datacad picks what order things display/print.
Strange how things sometimes come up here. This is the second time today referring to that old post. Hmmmmm the weather of change is nearing right Dave?
#12936 by Giuseppe Barberio
Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:12 pm
Thanks for the explanation.

When I tried using this function I seemed to have a little difficulty picking objects to send back/front.

If lets say I had two lines over one another that are on the same layer but different colors, should I physically see them changing positions? For instance a red line is displayed on my screen but than I move behind and a yellow line which was behind is now displayed on screen.

Thanks again,

Giuseppe
#13070 by deliriousga
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:04 pm
Giuseppe Barberio wrote:If lets say I had two lines over one another that are on the same layer but different colors, should I physically see them changing positions? For instance a red line is displayed on my screen but than I move behind and a yellow line which was behind is now displayed on screen.

Thanks again,

Giuseppe
You got it. As long as they are on the same layer that is how it should work. It is very helpful when you have SPB fills that cover everything up.