Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13075 by Sinha
Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:52 pm
No Wonder DWGS get corrupted!!!

Check this kids!! When hatching, you click first point and then second, as you are about to click third, you decide you dont' want to hatch....so you right-click couple times and you are out of that command. Even the Hatch is cancelled.....or is it?

Do the above in a open dwg area, once you cancel....select the "Erase" command and rubberband select the place where you drew.

You will find a an incomplete polygon....the naked eyes cannot see!!!! Thus giving us corrupted data often!!! Arrrgghhhh!!!!
#13076 by joshhuggins
Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:40 pm
Yeah, this is an oldie which can lead to longer load/display times if you get a bunch of them with a scale or pattern that requires a lot of processing. I don't know about this causing corruption though. Have you found a pattern of corruption that is consistent? It's still a valid entity, you just usually can't see them. They will display when the boundary setting is toggled, or on complex patterns, they usually show as dots.
#13087 by Greg Blandin
Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:36 am
I created a button to turn the boundary on and off. Comes in nicely when adjusting hatch.
#13088 by Philip Hart
Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:52 am
Yes, when hatching using the "boundary" option, you are creating a closed polyline, with the display of the polyline turned off. Since it is a two-node hatched closed polyline under these circumstances, the geometry can be glitchy. In earlier (dc3- and dc5-based) versions of DataCAD this was definitely a no-no; I'm not sure about the error-trapping for this in the aec drawing file format, but I would avoid it.