Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13098 by jlane
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:14 pm
I copied a drawing from another file and the fonts are very distorted (ARCWY2HC). When I place new text into the drawing I get the same distorted fonts, especially fonts that have curves.
#13100 by Philip Hart
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:35 pm
Do an Identify on the text to make sure that it is "normal" ie slant is 0, aspect ratio 1, etc. Check that none of these has a negative value.

If that doesn't give you the answer, take a look at how far away from the Absolute Zero point you are (Absolute Cartesian and draw a line from the text location to 0,0). If you are miles away, try moving everything closer the the 0,0 point.

Hope this helps
#13102 by jlane
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:48 pm
another strange thing that is happening is that when i place the fonts on the drawing, the ( I) shaped curser sort of wobbles back and fourth as i move it across the screen to place the letter(s)
#13103 by MtnArch
Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:58 pm
Hmmm ... could this be either a DisplayList issue or a video driver issue?
#13104 by Sinha
Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:30 pm
Move your entire DWG to Absolute Zero.
#13106 by Giuseppe Barberio
Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:05 pm
Could it be possible that your text was drawn/typed with a weird linetype? Try doing a change Line Type to Solid