Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13114 by Kspurgin
Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:39 am
While in the open file dialog box I went through the options of how to view files and ended up reversing the name order. Now, every time I open a file the names are in reverse order from alphabetical. This is an annoyance, it really throws me off for awhile. I have tried everyway I can think of to restore the default list of names so they are arranged in alphabetical order with no luck. Any suggestions?
#13116 by Mark Toce
Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:26 am
Exit DataCAD completely, if it is open.

Open Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and go to the folder in question. Set the view to Details, then use the Name column header to arrange the files alphabetically. Press and hold the left [Ctrl] key on the keyboard while clicking the [x] in the upper right to close the window.

DataCAD (and all other Windows programs) should now display file names in the correct order in the File\Open dialog.
#13119 by Greg Blandin
Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:31 am
Mark Toce wrote:Open Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and go to the folder in question. Set the view to Details, then use the Name column header to arrange the files alphabetically. Press and hold the left [Ctrl] key on the keyboard while clicking the [x] in the upper right to close the window.

So that's the trick to saving a configuration.