Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13120 by deliriousga
Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:43 am
I am trying to cut a window into a wall with brick veneer. I have both the brick and the veneer as slabs, but the window will only cut through the inner wall. It will not cut through the brick at all. I have turned off the auto thickness and set the jamb and header thickness to 10 1/2" to be able to go through everything, but it creates a window that is only in the interior wall and sticks out of the back of the wall by 5".

I also tried doing a separate cutout in the brick, but it keeps telling me it can't find a wall to cut.

Is there a way to do this?

TIA!
#13198 by RPadgett
Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:40 am
I believe you can only cut one slab for a window (automatically). As Neil says, you should be able to cut a void in the brick veneer slab.
#13221 by Nick Pyner
Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:54 am
deliriousga wrote:I am trying to cut a window into a wall with brick veneer. I have both the brick and the veneer as slabs, but the window will only cut through the inner wall. It will not cut through the brick at all. I have turned off the auto thickness and set the jamb and header thickness to 10 1/2" to be able to go through everything, but it creates a window that is only in the interior wall and sticks out of the back of the wall by 5".

I also tried doing a separate cutout in the brick, but it keeps telling me it can't find a wall to cut.

Is there a way to do this?

TIA!

Here is a guess. I suspect you are using AECmodel and you really have two walls.
Try converting the void you have, in whichever wall. You get (I hope) a new slabor polygon.
Copy that to the other wall.
Now use them to create voids in each leaf.
You may have to stretch the outer one for the sill.