Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13187 by deliriousga
Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:35 pm
I am new to 3D and working on a plan where I need to delete a couple of vertices on a slab to get the shape I need. When I look in the manual (p. 416), it says you can do this "with the partial menu options". The problem is it does not tell you where this is and I can't find it.

Anybody know where to find these options?

TIA!!
#13188 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:10 pm
deliriousga wrote:I am new to 3D and working on a plan where I need to delete a couple of vertices on a slab to get the shape I need. When I look in the manual (p. 416), it says you can do this "with the partial menu options". The problem is it does not tell you where this is and I can't find it.

Anybody know where to find these options?

TIA!!

Hello John,

Go to 3D Menus and enter on 3DEntity/Slabs/Visibility. There you will find Add Vertex, Move and Delete, etc.

My guess is that it should be named as 'Edition', what is the spell I've choosen, when translated the menu into portuguese language. Actually 'visibility' is only a part of the features offered there.

The option 'Partial' was in this same place until DataCAD 10.

Hope it helps.
Miguel
#13189 by deliriousga
Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:17 pm
Thank you Miguel! :D That's exactly what I needed.
#13195 by Steve Baldwin
Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:20 am
Miguel Palaoro wrote:The option 'Partial' was in this same place until DataCAD 10.

...And is still in DataCad 11 if you have your menus set to "classic".

I think "partial" is a better term than "visibility" ... and would think that "edit" would be even better.