Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13245 by joebagadonuts
Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 pm
We're having difficulty in our office with a particular file where the layers within an xref don't seem to want to be turned off (in the reference file manager). We tend to use the right-click over the xref method of pulling up the ref file manager, but either way you do it, if you deselect the layer (in this case our 'fill' layer we use to darken the walls with SPB fill) in the ref file manager, and click either 'Apply' or 'OK', then highlight that xref again, the layer has been magically re-checked, and remains on. I'm all for magic, but in this case, I could do without.

We're using 11.08.01, all on Windows XP. This is the first time I've seen this happen with any file. This particular file happens to have quite a few xrefs (10 or so).

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
#13250 by MtnArch
Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:12 pm
Hi, Joe -

I've never had this happen, and this is just a wild guess ... but is the layer that the xref **is inserted on** locked?

Again, this is just a wild guess ...
#13263 by Greg Blandin
Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:07 pm
Could the layer be in a nested xref?
#13264 by Tony Blasio
Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:21 pm
I've seen this happen if the XREF is on a locked layer.
#13266 by joebagadonuts
Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:47 pm
Tony and MtnArch get a gold star. I checked the file and the layer that contained the xref was indeed locked. I unlocked it, and was able to turn layers on and off again.

Thanks to everyone who helped! Much appreciated.
#13267 by Greg Blandin
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:11 pm
You're giving Tony credit for restating an answer? My golly gosh. I could have done that, but NOOOOOOOO, I try to give other options. Last time I do that!

:wink: :lol: :D
#13268 by MtnArch
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:33 pm
But Greg, all Tony was doing was validating my guess with his actual experience! I was just the idea guy!!! :wink:

I'm just glad that we found the answer so quickly!
#13269 by Greg Blandin
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:46 pm
MtnArch wrote:But Greg, all Tony was doing was validating my guess with his actual experience! I was just the idea guy!!! :wink:

I'm just glad that we found the answer so quickly!

No...no....Tony is just an attention hog.
#13270 by joshhuggins
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:49 pm
#13273 by Tony Blasio
Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:43 pm
Come on...we all know it was my post that really made Greg look for the locked layer! :D

Think of it a seconding a motion! :!: :wink:
#13279 by Greg Blandin
Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:36 am
Tony Blasio wrote:Come on...we all know it was my post that really made Greg look for the locked layer! :D

Think of it a seconding a motion! :!: :wink:

I was looking for a what?
#13281 by Tony Blasio
Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 am
Oops. Sorry I meant Joe not Greg. My bad