Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13293 by RCArchitex
Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:17 am
Hi debuggers,

A new problem I have just encountered for the first time.

I just opened an existing file – edited it and tried to save it.

I get the message

“error creating aec file for compression”

I hit OK and then a message

“Unable to save drawing due to insufficient disk space” (my disk has 20 Gb available)

I am then able to save the file under a different name – which is openable with the previous recent edits intact.

With another file I got a message “could not create backup file check your directory attributes”

Also ( a second possibly related problem?) - I noticed that every time I was saving ( when files were previously saving as “normal” – ie no error message) that the machine reported “ saving symbols to new file” while the file was being saved. The machine seemed to be slowing up quite a bit because the file seemed to take longer to purge and save – possibly that was why I noticed the message about the symbols. Perhaps this is normal.

Has anyone had this problem?

The current situation of changing file names is obviously totally unworkable ( Xrefs etc)

Any help most appreciated.

I am using XP and Dcad 11