Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13343 by Rashid Garuba
Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:51 am
Every time I leave Datacad running it crashes usually after 30min idle..:
Datacad (internal diagnostics) fault 36 Error from : 809..
after I ok this and refuse the offer to message Microsoft I get a terminal:

Exception EAccessViolation in module DCADWIN.exe at 002F4420.
Access violation at address 006F4420 in module 'DCADWIN.exe'. Write of address 00000310.

I restart and continue working... This crash happens every time I go for a meeting. lunhc.. etc..
#13344 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:22 pm
Greetings Rashid,

I would check out your Power control panel settings? If the system is set to go into Standby or Hybernation or anything like that, then try disabling it; or just change it to Minimal Power Management.

This setting, along with enabling Cool 'N Quiet in the BIOS, should let the Athlon drop it's speed and voltage to save power, and still wake up again.
#13345 by Rashid Garuba
Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:35 pm
Neil,

That may make sense except the crash is not on wake up and all I have set is Standy by after 3 hours and it has crashes on it's own much earlier.. The time to crash is random and not necessarilly 30mins but usually at least 30 mins..

I have even been on the phone and seen the error pop up.. It happened with version 10 too. I can manually go to standy by and Datacad left running is fine on wake up.
#13346 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:24 pm
Hi Rashid,

Sounds like a problem specific to that machine: I have found that cleaning the Registry can sometimes fix these sorts of problems. I really like to use two programs to do this (and they both can help clean up the hard drive as well):

EasyCleaner
CCleaner (aka Crap Cleaner)

Neither has caused any problems for me, and sometimes they solve a problem. Another excellent program, that has a trial period is:

jv16 PowerTools

There is an older freeware version:

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/LFWV/jv16Powertools.html