Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13376 by deliriousga
Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:51 am
I am learning the 3D functions of DataCAD and they are really going to be helpful. The way it seems to have to be done is to create my 2D floor plans then put 3D slabs on top of that to create the 3D elevations.

Is there a way to use the same lines I have for my floor plans to create the 3D walls, etc. so I don't have to do things twice? I have not found a way to cut a void in a line that's 3D so it does not look like I can do this, but I wanted to check with the experts anyway.

TIA! :D
#13379 by Mark Toce
Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:11 pm
Copy your wall lines to a separate 3D walls layer and repair all door and window openings. Use Change\ZBase and Change\ZHeight to define the base and height of the walls. Choose Explode to Polygons in the 3D Menu and select all of the wall lines - they will be exploded to 3D polygons. You can then insert AEC_Modl 3D doors and windows into them.