Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13490 by Bruce111
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:52 am
Hi,

just want to know whether anybody has experienced the same problem with printing to PDF files. I have a drawing setup to print using MSPs, to which I may add I find very easy to use and is one of datacad best points.

I have two sheets set up and when I print to a PDF file datacad drops the sheet number off from the named file. Therefore the second PDF file prints over the first PDF file because there is no distinction between either file. I have experienced this on a number of occasions and was wanting to know whether anyone else had experienced this. Does anyone know why this should happen and how I can prevent it from happening again.

I have to print the file to a PDF file separately and manually change the name so that the second file doesn't print over the first one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Bruce
#13493 by jlmcougar
Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:44 am
What does MSP stand for? I print a PDF using the plot SAVE AS. This permits the drawing on the screen to be converted to PDF. I have a seperate foldere to keep PDF drawings in. I print from that folder. I have done this for years and it works just fine.
#13497 by Bruce111
Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:38 pm
Hi,
I create PDF file under patch plot when there is more than one sheet to print.
MSP = Multi scale plots.
I have a file that repeated created the problem, i think I will send it off to support for their thoughts.

Many thanks

Bruce.
#13498 by Brian Engebretson
Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:28 pm
One possibility is that there is an invalid character in the file name or even in the sheet names. For example if you have a sheet name A1.1 and A1.2 the period might be causing trouble. Try changing it to A1-1 and A1-2. Hopefully that would help.
#13502 by Giuseppe Barberio
Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:26 pm
JlmCougar,

MSP stands for Multi Scale Plotting. I don't know if you use MSP or not but you can create a drawing sheet with details that have different plot scales. For instance you can have a drawing sheet with a floor plan at 1/4" scale and a larger detail plan of lets say a bathroom layout at 1/2" scale on the same sheet. MSP allows multiple details on a sheet with different plot scales.

So if you create a MSP sheet (which you could have many sheets in one drawing file) you will then have the option to plot all MSP drawing sheets or any combination you select.

You can plot multiple drawings at one time using Batch Plot & save in PDF or PLT format to any directory you choose.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Giuseppe
#13503 by Bruce111
Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 am
Hi,

Brian Engebretson wrote:One possibility is that there is an invalid character in the file name or even in the sheet names. For example if you have a sheet name A1.1 and A1.2 the period might be causing trouble. Try changing it to A1-1 and A1-2. Hopefully that would help.

Thank for all the help

I had an put a period at the end of the file name. Once removed all is well.

Many thanks

Bruce.