Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13534 by Vmorris1
Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:35 pm
Where can I find information on how it works?
I checked the help file, the update help and found nothing unless I over looked it.

I am having problems defining insulations, for example R-38 which should have a thickness of 12” but when I created the line type (from a drawing scaled at 3/16), I gave it a spacing .6 (so far so good), but when I go to test it by selecting it from the line type menu and bring it into the same drawing it was created from (did not change drawing scale), it comes in much smaller. When I use the “Identify“ command to check it, it indicates the spacing to be 6” (the same as original one on the drawing which visually is correct)? :cry:
#13653 by Greg Blandin
Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:25 pm
I think with that linetype the goal is to get it to look right.

For instance if I have a 6" metal stud wall with 5/8 gyp bd on each side and the wall is insulated, I'll just draw a line down the center and the spacing will be 3".

This will fill in the core to give the insulated look I want and I'll label it to get that information across to the sub.

My question to you is your drawing scale. Is the drawing 1:1 and put into a scaled titleblock to get your scale? or did you scale the detail down/up?

If you scaled the detail down/up then the insulation won't fit at the spacing your expecting.