Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1036 by mcollins138
Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:50 am
Now that we have puchased a digital plotter and cannot use preprinted sheets for the pen plotter, is there any way to plot a drawing with a title block that does not have to be inserted into the core drawing?
#1038 by Philip Hart
Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:07 am
There are a number of ways that you can accomplish this. The simplest way is to draw the border/title sheet and include it in your default drawing(s). Another way is to make a drawing that includes just the border/title sheet and then xref it into other drawings. The disadvantage to this is that all "changeable" text (project title, sheet title, date, etc.) would have to reside in the "target" drawing file. You can also create a border/title sheet in a single layer, save that layer, then import into whatever drawing file needs it.

Hope this helps.
#1114 by TheNextStepp
Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:27 pm
I have just set up something like this at my office. What I do is create a master border for each project and update all of the project information then xref that border in to each drawing. Then I have a symbol that I created with all of the information that varies from sheet to sheet (sheet number, description, etc.). It works fairly well and everything lines up perfectly on all the sheets when its all done. Let me know if you need any help setting it up and I would be more than happy to help.