Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13692 by msharch
Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:57 pm
The fence function has been working erratically. Sometimes it just allows 6 or 7 snaps to grab some entities to move or stretch etc. Occasionally I could only make a fence with three snaps, not enough to capture what I needed. Some feedback regarding this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Marc
#13693 by Greg Blandin
Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:02 pm
Are you actually snapping (roller button) or left clicking?

Are you trying to fence xref's?
#13696 by msharch
Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:09 pm
I am left clicking the fence to copy or move etc and the function ends unepectedly sometimes on the third, sixth, or ninth clip but before I have completed the fence. As a work around I try to make a smaller fence with less clicks but that is not always possible.

Thanks
#13697 by Greg Blandin
Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:13 pm
Well that is strange.

What version of DataCAD?

Could you be accidently hitting the right mouse button?
#13704 by Graeme
Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:24 pm
Yeah that is what I was thinking,
Maybe a bad mouse :?:

Definitely a wierd one you have there...
#13723 by msharch
Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:56 pm
Using Dcad 11 with logitech 3 button mouse with track ball. The snapping in fence still ends abruptly for no apparent reason. It is erratic and I think more problematic in an ongoing project file rather than a brand new small (empty) file though I haven't really checked that aspect thoroughly.

Thanks.

Marc
#13725 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:12 pm
Hello Marc,

DataCAD 11 purges automatically each time you close a file; though I suppose it still could be a file problem. However, I tend to think it might be a hardware issue? Are you using Win98? How much RAM is in the machine? Do you have more than one drawing open at one time, and/or another program running at the same time?

Do you have another mouse to try? (I really like the new Logitech MX610 optical mouse, BTW.)