Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13724 by deliriousga
Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:56 pm
When I am connected to the wireless network through the Netgear RangeMAX WG111T wireless USB adapter DataCAD freezes and corrupts the open files. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

When I'm connected through the internal wireless adapter everything is smooth, just half as fast. I have others on a different model number Netgear wireless USB RangeMax adapter (WPN111) and they don't have the problem.

Thanks for any info you may have.
#13731 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:21 pm
We had a TON of drawing courruption back in the v.8-10 days due to some bad network adapters chipsets (Realtek 880's) or something. Maybe your wireless device is damaged, or just doesn't play nice with Datacad. Have you tried it with Datacad on another system?
#13736 by deliriousga
Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:58 pm
I have tried it on two systems. One of the guys had this problem so I put his adapter on my computer to see if the same problem occured and it did.
#13737 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:51 pm
Those USB wireless adapter as so cheap now (around 30 bucks) the time taken to diagnose the problem usually cost more than a new one :wink: If the others are working great I'd pick up a new (different) one.
#13801 by Leigh
Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:31 pm
Hi John:
I had a similar problem for the last 2 weeks. My tech service finally tracked the problem to a conflict btw my wife's CPU and mine. (We were both on wireless connections using" D-Link".) For some reason whenever my wife was using her CPU Datacad would lock up and crash on my machine. It got so bad that I was loosing everything even after setting my save time to 5 min.To make things worse I was working on the last week of my last project before I was scheduled to retire! My tech service finally hard wired my connection to solve the problem so I could finish my project this week. I don't know if this helps you find the problem or not , but they told me that sometime there is a conflict when one signal overrides another.
#13802 by joshhuggins
Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:35 pm
Leigh wrote:I was working on the last week of my last project before I was scheduled to retire!
Congrats!
#13823 by Leigh
Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:44 pm
Thanks Josh:
I'm not sure I am doing the right thing in retiring. My better half has already got an arm length list of things for me to do fixing up our house for sale. We are planning to move out of the city - into a country setting up the coast if we can just find the right property.

I will still be following the forum ( it is addictive). I am hoping my budget will still allow me to get Dcad 12 when it comes out, because I will probably still want to putter with the occasional small project.

I know you have heard this many times before but It's still worth repeating. I want to thank all of you on the "Forum" for your help over the many years, especially those of you who I consider regulars. Also I want to thank DataCad for the quick responsive help I have received when I needed it.

I guess this wasn't the correct place to express myself ( I just got carried away).

Oh oh - Wife is calling - supposed to be painting! ( I hate painting.)

BFN
#13836 by joshhuggins
Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:50 pm
Leigh wrote:Thanks Josh:
I'm not sure I am doing the right thing in retiring. My better half has already got an arm length list of things for me to do fixing up our house for sale. We are planning to move out of the city - into a country setting up the coast if we can just find the right property.

Coastal country side with the Mrs.? Sounds like the right thing to me :!: I just hope I live long enough to retire. By the time I'm ready to retire the retirement age will probably be 112. I'm sure you'll find plenty of hobbies and small side jobs to keep ya busy and using Datacad. I just used it to design a speaker cabinet last week for my brother-in-law. Again, congrats! (under breath mumbles, ...... lucky dog) :D
#13839 by Greg Blandin
Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:09 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Coastal country side with the Mrs.? Sounds like the right thing to me :!:

Did you just moon him?
#13840 by Graeme
Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:24 pm
HAHAHA
That is classic :lol:

Never looked at it like that :!:
#14078 by deliriousga
Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:53 pm
Thanks for all of the great posts. It turns out the driver for that stinkin' card is the problem. I have 3 of the cards here and no matter what combo of machine/router I tried it always hangs up after awhile. I searched on some tech forums and found all kinds of complaints about the drivers for that card. I got a different brand (gigabit wired for laptops) and now everything is beautimous. :D
#14094 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:28 pm
Greg Blandin wrote:Did you just moon him?
One of my many nicknames is Moonboy, but not for that reason :lol: I even have it on my licence plate on my truck! I get all kinds of funny looks on the road.
#14096 by Greg Blandin
Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:38 pm
joshhuggins wrote:
Greg Blandin wrote:Did you just moon him?
One of my many nicknames is Moonboy, but not for that reason :lol: I even have it on my licence plate on my truck! I get all kinds of funny looks on the road.

Isn't that like saying A$$man?
#14130 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:11 am
Greg Blandin wrote:Isn't that like saying A$$man?

HeeHee ... Seinfield references will never die!
#14134 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:41 am
LOL.... Again, not anything related anatomy. It stems from an old inside joke between my best friend and me. Othes found out about it and it just kind of stuck. It's related to the actual moon. It would take too long to explain..... I get this a lot.