Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13742 by k-ep_studio
Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:43 am
Hi. Can I working with two monitor? I want to put an .aec drawing to monitor1 and another one to monitor2. Is this methond works? Somebody told me, this method not working. Is true?

(DC11.08.01)
#13745 by Greg Blandin
Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:24 am
You can not have a drawing on each window as you can not extend the drawing area across the 2 windows.

You CAN put toolbars and dialog boxes on the second monitor to free up drawing space on the first monitor.
#13748 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:01 am
Hello,

Check out this thread I started on dual monitors:

http://forum.datacad.com/viewtopic.php?t=43

A correction on what Greg said: you can span the monitors with the drawing window. On the third example (in the linked thread), I have two drawings visible in the drawing window, and the divide between the two monitors is at the boundary between the two drawings.

On all the other examples, the dividing line is at the right edge of the main menu, which is still docked i nthe main drawing window.

At my office, I actually have three monitors, at this moment. I use two for DataCAD, and the third (smallest) one I use for whatever else I need to have there: a SketchUp model for reference, IrfanView showing a photo for reference, a browser window, Skype, WinAmp, etc.