Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13887 by spinfox
Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:53 pm
Greetings!!

when you create a perpective view with datacad, it very easy, and looks good in O2c ,but i wish o2c have this wish list option:

* spot light custom
* interactive resized and rotated textures
* stamp textures (banners) i see you can do this in o2c germany
* customized sun light

ok. thats my wish list for a perfect rendering o2c program.
but my real question is:

where i can find a well done 3D car to put them in perspectives or renderings?

I only have a mercedes and 1990 subaru , that i download it free.

when a saw an other arquitects jobs, I look the buildings similar that a can make in datacad, but the Cars and vehicles are incredibly well done.

I try to make a good looking cars in visual reality a few years ago , but its very painful, that the program have to separate all the pieces of the car who has a diferent material like bumpers, rims, wheels, interios, etc,etc. its more complicated that the house itself

:lol:

now i use artlatis, with good results, but i still in the lack of good 3d vehicles. Can you post some advice in this topic please?

how do you do with cars???
#13889 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:18 pm
spinfox wrote:...i wish o2c have this wish list option:
* stamp textures (banners) i see you can do this in o2c germany
...but my real question is: where i can find a well done 3D car to put them in perspectives or renderings?

Hello Aaron,

In DataCAD 11 you can indeed make a banner or a wall portrait, and may be this feature will allow you to solve the 'cars' issue as well.

In the 'View' menu you can locate the "Texture Origin" option which allow you to define the origin for a texture map. If you got a banner, try to reproduce a 3D Polygon with the same size as you should wish for the banner, placed inside the model in the banner position, and set the texture "scale" at Object Viewer Settings dialog with the right proportion. Remember that the scale=1 is actually 1 meter. If your banner is 1.5 m long, do the scale=1.5. Your banner should appear the right way as you want.

Play a little with this adjustements and you will get some fine results. Later, you could get a car bitmap, and use a polygon in the position that fits a good shape from your viewer's point of view, using also the same 'Texture Origin'.

Hope this helps,
Miguel
#13912 by Nick Pyner
Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:03 am
spinfox wrote:where i can find a well done 3D car to put them in perspectives or renderings?

I only have a mercedes and 1990 subaru , that i download it free.

when a saw an other arquitects jobs, I look the buildings similar that a can make in datacad, but the Cars and vehicles are incredibly well done.

I try to make a good looking cars in visual reality a few years ago , but its very painful, that the program have to separate all the pieces of the car who has a diferent material like bumpers, rims, wheels, interios, etc,etc. its more complicated that the house itself

now i use artlatis, with good results, but i still in the lack of good 3d vehicles. Can you post some advice in this topic please?

how do you do with cars???

If you check out the o2c site there should be some car models. I used to have an o2c Ferrari complete with opening doors and God knows what all else.

The problem I had, and gave up on was to properly locate o2c entourage withing a Datacad model. I see no way of doing this in a precise manner, there is no Z control, and can only conclude that o2c isn't serious about being a renderer, it is merely a quick and dirty presentation device.

The first thing you need to consider is: is that really what you want?
As you rightly point out, the traffic can become a magnum opus.

Essentially there are two choices:

1. use a 3D model

2. use a picture of a real car, stick on a polygon and alpha channel it, all as detailed in tutoriaql 9 in your Renderise Live manual.

About the only time you really need a 3d car is when it is in the dominant foreground or you have serious positioning problems and have to have the control a real model offers, like driving it on a steep hill.

Otherwise you can get by with a stick-on. getting up a collection of photographs from the dealers is a good idea. Another approach is to montage the car, the road and anything else you might see handy, all properly photographed from the real viewpoint for the job.

I know it doesn't look it, but this is Piranesi. The car is out of a Hyundai catalogue. It isn't parked dead parallel to the kerb, and the slop is abit off, but it's not bad.

Same job. The Subaru came with Piranesi

Visual Reality. The car is mine, woman isn't and is on a polygon. I had a bad time scaling her. The large tree is also the real thing and it and the car are on their own transparent layer, along with the road. The driveway is DataCad.