Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13927 by RSYount
Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:19 pm
Does anyone know what to do with the older versions of DataCAD? I am in the process of packing and cleaning and was wondering if I should keep them or get rid of them. I have (1) copy of Ver. 6, (1) copy of Ver. 7, (2) copies of Ver. 8, Ver. 9, and Ver. 10. Any advise would be helpful. :wink:
#13929 by MtnArch
Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:20 pm
If any of those older versions have been what you've been upgrading into V11 with, you can destroy them but you cannot transfer them.

If you bought them as separate licenses (ie. paid full retail for each one, no upgrade pricing) then I believe that you can transfer that license to another person. You will have to fill out a transfer form from DCLLC and pay a transfer fee ($25, I believe?) but it will allow the new licensee to upgrade that license.

The best advice would be to call DCLLC and go through each serial number and have them confirm whether you can transfer any of them or not.

HTH
#13930 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:23 pm
Hello Scott,

If you have two copies of v11, then is all likelihood, you can chuck all the prior versions -- unless you want to keep v10 to open any DC5's w/o converting them; or working with someone who has not upgraded to v11. And if you have two copies of v11, then it is unlikely that you could sell any of the older copies...if you have just one copy of v11, then you might be able to sell one of the v10's (but not any of the others).

As Alan wrote, you could check with DataCAD.