Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#13933 by DDA184
Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:29 am
Hello Everyone:

Why is it that sometimes when I pick on a point with my Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse it reverts back to a scroll command. (Much like you would use in a word document.) It only happens occassionally but its very frustrating.

I have to completely exit DataCad and reopen it for the problem to clear.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem
#13934 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:51 am
Hello David,

Is the wheel button set to "Middle Button"? Or is it the fact that you are rolling the wheel (a little bit) when you are snapping? What if you click on the middle button a second time to get out of the scrolling mode?
#13937 by DDA184
Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:06 pm
Hi Neil:
The middle button is the scroll button. When this anomoly occurs there is no way of clearing the problem other that exiting DataCad. No matter what I do to try to pick on a point it wants to scroll the screen. I have a feeling its a faulty mouse. Any suggestions
#13940 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:50 pm
Hello David,

When this happens, do you see a circle with arrows in it on the screen? And if when you move the mouse, the screen moves?

On Logitech mice, you have to set the Logitech mouse software (either SetPoint, or Mouseware) setting for the scroll wheel to the settings called "Middle Button" in order to get object snapping to work right. Here's what SetPoint looks like for my Logitech MX610:

You have to select "Other", then the Select Function button, then select "Middle Button" out of the list.
#13942 by DDA184
Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:22 am
Hey Neil:

What you described in your last post is exactly what happens. (The circle with arrow up/down and the screen scrolling.

I will "reprogram" my mouse and see if that has any effect. I'm sure thats the problem.

Thanks for all your help in this matter and all the hundreds perhaps thousands posts in the past. Your indepth knowledge of DataCad has made me a better operator.

Dave
#13965 by Dick Eades
Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:36 am
I use button 6 as the Middle button and button 7 as double-click. It's a lot more comfortable than using the scroll button.