Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.

#1580 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:18 pm
does Datacad have a macros that I can pick struct shape..? " I Beam, tube....etc"

There is a good macro for Structural Steel. It's called SteelPro. it's item #S91 and it's only $5.00 (US). If you do any steel work this is a must have. There are lots of good and some not so good macros at the link below.

See list of macros here...
http://world.std.com/~eshu/ctw/ctwx.htm

#1584 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:04 pm
~Well thats and even better macro now!~

#1592 by AT2
Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:56 am
Neil Blanchard - you have just save a life here...lol.. thanks

AT

#1739 by AT2
Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:28 pm
When do a area calc. I usually do alt x, that will give me area. Is there another way to do area calc beside this....?

thanks

AT

#1740 by AT2
Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:52 pm
Okay.. I found out what I want now... I did them all in polyine.. then when I hit "I" and think will give me my area, but it isn't there... so I play around w/ it.. then I found out I need to go back to area/per.... and hit cont. search.... I guess it willl be nice if I use "I" and it will give me area....

thanks

AT

#1743 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:29 pm
There is one way I know how to do this for polylines, but it would be nice to put this in the identify. Go to Curves,Polylines,Edit,Area\Per\Select, then snap your polyline.

#1744 by Philip Hart
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:34 pm
For existing (closed) polylines, you don't have to use contour search to calculate the area. In the Measures menu select Area/Per, then Select. You can do the same from the Polyline, Edit, Area/Per menu.

If you're trying to measure an area drawn in lines, the routine in the Measures menu has you draw a polyline which is measured and then disappears. If you're going to keep updating area information as the drawing changes, it might make sense to create the polylines on another layer, updating them as your design changes, and refer to them for updated area calculations.

The next step up in the process is to get Blocker - which uses polylines with special attribute data.

Hope this helps.

#1746 by AT2
Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:49 pm
Curves,Polylines,Edit,Area\Per\Select

... lol.. I guess we need a better short cut next time.... I like the "I" idea, are you going to the dbug meeting next week...? If you are, can you fill me in w/ more infor about the meeting, like parking...etc...?

thanks

AT

#1747 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:14 pm
Hello Alan:

AT2 wrote:Curves,Polylines,Edit,Area\Per\Select

... lol.. I guess we need a better short cut next time.... I like the "I" idea, are you going to the dbug meeting next week...? If you are, can you fill me in w/ more infor about the meeting, like parking...etc...?

Here's a keyboard shortcut that you can paste (everything after the $) into the DcadWin.MCR file that is in the Support Files folder:

$^:^F7^S5^F9

You will need to replace the $ with the letter that you want to use for this Alt- shortcut. This will take you straight to the selection of the polyline.

As for getting to the DBUG meeting: if you want to try and drive all the way in, then parking is a bit tough -- there is a lot close by, but you'll pay... I typically drive to Alewife (at the east end of Route 2) which costs $4.50, and take the Red Line to Park Street, change to the Green Line and go to Government Center, and walk the last 4 blocks or so.

#1778 by AT2
Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:01 am
If I get lost... is there a number I can call someone...? How long is the meeting usually run until..? What should I bring for the meeting....?
Can't wait to learn more...

thanks

AT

#1783 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:13 am
Hello Alan:

I don't know if the main BSA number works at night -- the DBUG meeting is in the 5th floor conference room, and I don't know how the phone system works. (I sent you a PM with my cell...just in case)

Plan on getting there by 6:00pm, or a bit earlier if you can. We eat first, so bring a $5 donation, and there is water, juice, beer, and wine (courtesy of the BSA). There are often handouts, but you might want to bring a notepad. Theoretically, it ends by 9:00pm but Greg Barriere's presentation may well run long -- part 1 was fascinating, but long. :wink:

#1861 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:11 am
What happened to the POLYLINE macro? Recently while setting up a new machine, I discovered that the POLYLINE macro is no longer installed (BTW I'm still using Ver 10). I copied it from my old machine and it works fine now...

I know that polyline is now in the curves menu, but I have used it for SO LONG from the macro, I actuallly had to pause and think about it for a second (before I copied the macro back to where it should be :))

So just a question for the sake of curiosity:

What was the reason for removing the Polyline Macro (I assume it started in ver. 10)?

Aaron
#1862 by Philip Hart
Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:01 am
Using the polyline macro with version X is ok, but using it with XI is NOT ok. In both X and XI, the polyline functions are included in the Curves/Polylines menu.

#1872 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:53 am
There is no harm in using the old Polyline macro in DataCAD 10 or 11. Polyline under Curves has more and better functions, except the ability to select the polyline to edit prior to selecting the vertex. The old Polyline macro had this ability and it the main reason I keep using it in siutations where multiple poly's converge. Add that to the wish list.

ps: Can we end this thread? This forum is all about questions and answers. A general heading like this one makes it hard to re-find answers. Specific topics make it much easier and useful. Just a suggestion.
:?: