Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.

#1284 by AT2
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:41 am
okay.. I get the host for the image set up.. now I need to save the screen on my datacad... how am I go to do that...?

thanks

AT

#1288 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:12 am
Hi Alan:

The screen capture is the easy part: just hit the Print Screen to get the entire screen (except the Windows cursor); or Alt-Print Screen to capture only the active (topmost) window or dialog box.

This puts the image on the Windows clipboard. And it is also easy to get it saved to a file: you can just use Control-V to paste the image from the Windows Clipboard into any program that can handle the image. Worst case is to use MS Paint, but this will limit you to saving it as a BMP file, which will be huge. I use IrfanView, which is a free photo editor:

http://www.irfanview.com/

You should download the program and all the plugins for it. This program can open and save just about any type of image file, and it can do simple "stitching" of images into panoramas. If you want more sophisticated tools to "cut" images along complex edges of the images, then I recommend Photoshop Elements:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/main.html

If you need to have the Windows cursor, or if you need to capture a "movie" of a series of actions on the screen, then you'll need something like SnagIt:

http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp

#1292 by Daniel Kaczor
Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:36 am
In addition to Neil's post, I also use Screenhunter which is free at:

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm

This will allow you to cut out rectanglar snipits (similar to Area in DCad) of your screen. Usually I snip a rectangle then paste it into Irfanview. Pretty cool, pretty quick, and sometimes better resolution than copying the whole screen.

#1293 by AT2
Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:50 am
u guy are awsome.... thanks alot for the help all the time... by the way.. I download the 11.06.00 update today... can't wait to learn more what I can do next... I already brought the news up to the company meeting this morning.. and everyone is very please to hear that.

keep up the good work... thanks

AT

#1302 by AT2
Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:14 pm
here is a new one.. I been ask to draw up a utility plan. At the line type manage, I find -----T----- and ------E------ which I can use. Can I make new line type, like -----W----- ...etc....?

AT

#1317 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:12 pm
Hello Alan:

This is very easy in v11 -- use the linetype creator. (Check in the Help manula for specifics if you need to.) You just need to draw the two line segments and put the text (or symbol, hatched area, anything else) in between, define the line with the creator, name it, and you're ready to draw with your own custom linetype! :o

#1324 by Daniel Kaczor
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:17 pm
In addition to creating your own linetype as Neil suggested.

You can go to DataCAD.com - Support - Download and get the Txtline macro. It's free.

This will allow you to add any text into a line. It's especially useful for one-time text lines and for sending to Acadders, since you can really keep it "dumb" by using a solid line w/ Romans text. They understand that.

#1325 by Steve Baldwin
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:48 pm
Hi.

I also use the Txtline macro.

I did, however, create several other 'utility' linetypes a few years ago that I primarily use for the import process when bringing in AutoXxx files, assuming that I can figure out what their linetype names mean, in order to map them to my linetypes. This makes reading the imported files much easier.

I see having those custom linetypes as not being too useful in my drawings, because controling the size of the text, and how the text is spaced in order to not conflict with other entities almost never works out nicely. The Txtline macro lets you automatically break the lines and add any text string, but then you can still adjust how the spacing works with surrounding entities.

#1339 by AT2
Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:26 am
Hmmm... I didn't know that I can download free macro... guess what I am doing now.. lol....

I try the Txtline, it is great... but I don't like it how they are not in a group...

I try the created your own line types, I think this one will fit me better this time..

I am also glad that I can find more then 1 way to fix my problems. thanks guy

AT :D :D :D

#1342 by Steve Baldwin
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:35 am
Hi Alan.

I am also glad that I can find more then 1 way to fix my problems.

That's one of the cool things about DataCad. There are a dozen ways to do most anything. You just need to figure out which one works best for you.

#1515 by AT2
Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:32 pm
new ideas of clip cube..... wouldn't be nice when I use clip cube that I can clip not only the box, but I can clip to shape..do anybody understand what I am talking about...?

AT

#1516 by Steve Baldwin
Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:21 pm
Hi Alan.

AT2 wrote:new ideas of clip cube..... wouldn't be nice when I use clip cube that I can clip not only the box, but I can clip to shape.

I would like to see that, also.

#1522 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:25 pm
Hello Alan:

AT2 wrote:new ideas of clip cube..... wouldn't be nice when I use clip cube that I can clip not only the box, but I can clip to shape..do anybody understand what I am talking about...?

A clip fence would be a cool thing.

BTW Alan, you're up in New Hampshire -- are you planning on getting to a DBUG meeting?

http://world.std.com/~eshu/dbug/dbuginfo.htm
http://world.std.com/~eshu/dbug.htm

April 14, 2005 6 p.m. at the BSA building, 5th floor; hosted by Mark Madura and DataCAD LLC. I'll be host the July meeting in the same place. It would be good to meet you!

#1578 by AT2
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:50 pm
What is a DBUG meeting...? Is it in New Hampshire...? You know my english isn't that good.. I am not sure if I can be a big help or not... anyway... does Datacad have a macros that I can pick struct shape..? " I Beam, tube....etc"

thanks

AT

#1579 by AT2
Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:39 pm
Oaky.. I get a good to go from my boss... what about parking.... how long is the meeting..? Do I need to bring anything...? Are we eatting dinner at some point...?

thanks

AT