Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14122 by rbeard
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:09 pm
That major problem I referred to today's other post:
Someone used my machine and reset some DataCAD settings.
I now can't get the E button ('Extents') to work correctly in any drawing. The screen image now decreases to a few pixels and not in screen centre. Any suggsetions? TIA

Richard Beard
ps - how do you do a spell check in this new forum method?
#14124 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:20 pm
Hello Richard,

It sounds like you have a stray line way out from the rest of the drawing? You can try erasing the areas around the drawing...

I spell check in my browser window using the Google toolbar. Mark Madura alerted us to this tool, and I have used it ever since:

http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/index.html?promo=mor-tb-en

one of the tools it has, is a spell checker, and it works in any browser window where you are entering text.
#14481 by rbeard
Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:43 pm
The answer turned out to be in FreeZoom: Extents Recalc. I didn't know it was there, never having had a reason for using it. Richard Beard
#14482 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:42 pm
The reason free zoom is making your drawing tiny is probably related to what Neil posted about having some entity way out in no mans land. You can turn free zoom off and ignore it but a neurotic like me would try to find out whats out there and, first make sure it's not something I might need to put back in it's proper place or delete.
#14485 by MtnArch
Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:40 pm
Hmm ... I don't know if I'd call you "neurotic", Josh ...

Anal, maybe ...

:wink: