Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14281 by Tony Blasio
Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:11 am
Is it too late for "Undo"?
#14282 by Dick Eades
Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:14 am
If the entities are different colors, he could sort them to their original layers by using Move To Layer and Mask. One trick here is to turn off the destination layer so you can see that the operation has been performed.
#14286 by jlmcougar
Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:35 am
I have to ask. Why were they merged into one to begin with. If you know why maybe there might be a way to get the layers back.
#14288 by Dick Eades
Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:05 am
At this point it doesn't really matter and in a school environment it is probably not as critical as the learning experience. Learning how to recover is a valuable tool.

I have this kind of thing happen to me all the time when I explode a layered symbol and don't realize that it is not exploding to the original layers. I find it later when I have to revise the symbol and find that it is no longer layered as the layering was lost in a previous redefine.