Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14352 by spinfox
Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:35 pm
I dont understand yet , what the number mean in the arc factor 1 to 1000 or what is the diference for example 1 or 10 or 100 or 1000?
what is the best setting?

when I want to draw an arc with little height I only saw a straight line, but when i click mouse the arc appear. it ok, just wondering. thanks
#14353 by MtnArch
Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:55 pm
The arc factor has to do with how true a curve shows up as. The lower the number, the "chunkier" the arc shows dynamically; the higher the number the truer it shows. Usually I'll leave my arc factor at 10 and they show up fine.
#14363 by Greg Blandin
Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 am
Someone verify this please...

If you have a higher arc factor, I've heard it slows datacad down a bit. I don't think it's that bad any longer as systems have become more efficient.
#14366 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:39 am
I know it use to, but I don't think it's as much of a problem like you said thanks to the newer systems. I'm sure if we cranked it up there to that 1000 it would have some negitive effects, but like Alan said, using a number around the 8-20 range displays / runs fine. I think I'm using 8.