Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14381 by spinfox
Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:38 pm
Hi.
If I upgrade to datacad 11, from 10 , can I uninstall 10 and prevous version, or the upgrade may need some files from there?
#14383 by MtnArch
Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:15 am
If you're committed to never going back you can delete V10 ... BUT ...

If you work with anyone who ISN'T on V10 and you are on V11 you MUST use a DWG export for them to use the file.

You may want to keep V10 around just for checking that what you are sending is what you want them to get ...
#14393 by Philip Hart
Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:31 am
A related question:

On systems that have had earlier versions of DataCAD installed and have been upgraded over the years (9, 10, 11 for example), the list of installed programs under Settings/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs will have multiple listings for DataCAD. This might show up as two entries in the program list: "DataCAD XI" and "DataCAD for Windows." This occurs both when the older version has been uninstalled prior to installing the new version and when the new version has been installed as an upgrade "over" the older version.

This has bothered me because it seems to indicate that the DataCAD uninstall/upgrade has not successfully deleted all Registry entries for the older version. I have always left this alone and not tried to clean out what appears to be remnants of the older version as I have not wanted to accidentally mess up the Registry entries for the current version.

Any thoughts?
#14394 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 am
For pre 11 versions there is hardly any registry entries used (if any) other than for the un/installer. If you want to make sure your registry keys are up to date for v.11.08.01 you can download and run one of my registry reloads for Datacad from my website. Image

Also to safely clean old non-operating un/installers you can use Easy Cleaner also available from the application area of my site. Image Easy cleaner also has other handy system tools too.