Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14414 by boofredlay
Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 am
A co-worker of mine is trying to print a sheet. When she hits plot on the sidebar, the drawing closes, no warning. When she goes to print setup there are no drivers listed at all. When she clicks properties in the setup she gets the following two warnings:

1. Function address 0x0 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.
2. Function address 0xe4c39e8 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.

The odd thing is that she can print any other sheet, in that job file or any other job file.
Also, this same sheet can be printed from any other computer on the network.

Anybody got any ideas?
Maybe the answer is in the warnings but I have no idea what they mean.

This may help also: We recently had one of our network printers "break" and had to reset the plot settings for it. But it is an unrelated printer, not the one she is trying to print to. And no, I did not reset the settings, someone else did.

Thanks for any help :!: :!: :!:

Eric
#14417 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:01 pm
Hi Eric:

This sounds as though the drawing may have corrupted printer attributes. To clear them, open the drawing and press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+C. Let us know if this helps.

Dave
#14420 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:24 pm
Time to send it to Tech Support for cleaning?
#14428 by boofredlay
Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:53 pm
MtnArch wrote:Time to send it to Tech Support for cleaning?

That would not help I don't think as it works just fine on other computers :?: :?: :?:
#14430 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:05 pm
Oops ... sorry!! I missed that on the first read!! :oops:
#14434 by Philip Hart
Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:09 pm
If the printer driver is installed locally on the offending system, I would uninstall, reboot, and install a fresh driver. If the driver is "pushed" by the server, I would look for local settings corruption (something wrong with the port definition?).
#14437 by Martell
Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:52 am
Do you have test to change the pen assignment?
In my case, it was a corrupt pen definition.
So if I press Plot, the drawing closes with no comment, like you.

Martell
#14441 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:59 am
Hello Eric,

I suggest you to try a first step to solve.
This misfunction uses to happen in 10 from 10 situations of printer change, relocation, network readdressing, etc.: Just erase the printer driver icon in that worstation, and install it again, bringing driver (networked) from the source printer & computer machine.

After this, enter on DataCAD, load that file, and don't use the sidebar for 'Print/Plot'. Enter and configure plotter settings from 'File/Print setup'.
Only after this setting, enter on 'Print/Plot' and try to print it.

Hope it helps.
Miguel