Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14524 by Rick Garner
Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:26 pm
I am an Autocad user but recently purchased a group of plans drawn in DataCad. I am learning the DataCad program and wonder if anyone can tell me how to create a custom toolbar in order to cut down on the extra commands needed to navigate the program. Is there a way to drag the icons you use the most onto a custom tool bar like in AutoCad? :?: Thanks
Rick Garner
#14531 by Greg Blandin
Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:08 pm
I assume you have AutoCAD as well. You can export the drawings to DWG and then open them up in AutoCAD.

As for the toolbars. No there is not a drag and drop feature to creating toolbars. You need to go into the toolbar folder under support files and program in the icons you need.

I suggest you learn the alt + Key commands to get around and even adjust your dcadwin.mcr file meet your needs the best. I believe you shouldn't have a problem understanding how that file is put together.

Keep asking questions and we will help the best we can.
#14534 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:41 pm
You can learn some more about how to quickly create toolbar buttons by using the guide on my site Image. While it's not quite as easy as a drag and drop approach, you can quickly make a toolbar by cutting and pasting together different pieces from the defaults found in the Support Files\Toolbars folder. Another nice thing about this method, is you can create super customized buttons that can preform really complex task and are pretty much only limited by your imagination. So read up from the manuals appendix section and my guide and you should be able to get going pretty quick editing these text files. There are also some other toolbar parts in the toolbar section of my site that you can kind of see visual examples, samples and icons. Good luck and keep coming back here with your questions. This is the place for learning and getting going on Datacad :D