Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14576 by tom edwards
Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:36 am
Just got Dcad 11. :D
In Plus I was able to see exactly the shape and angle of the hip or valley where two roof planes meet - a joint visible only in shaded view -and stretch the roughed-in planes to that exact junction. I would snap the view to one plane, shade the view, then draw a 3-d line tracing that joint. Then when the shading was off I would stretch the plane to that 3-d line. I did that to each plane in turn.

PROBLEM: 11 freezes the workspace when it shows a shaded view. Expecting apparently that this is some big wonderful view that you want to make into a bitmap, apparently :roll: . The problem with the frozen workspace is that you have to right click and tell it to go away before you can draw the required 3-d line. But at that point you have no shaded view to trace. :x
QUESTION: Is there any way to turn off the freezup. And / or to draw upon a shaded view?
#14577 by Mark F. Madura
Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:15 am
Hello Tom:

Select Settings from the Shader menu to access the Shader Settings dialog. In the lower right corner you'll see an option, Right-click to Exit. Check this option so you can Right-click to dismiss the shader window.

You can also access the scan line shader you're familiar with in DataCAD Plus. Enter the extended character code [Alt] + 0239 to access the Quick Shader menu.

I think this is what you are looking for.

MFM
#14580 by tom edwards
Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:23 pm
Mark
Thanks for the quick reply. :)
Not being unresourceful, I had already discovered the Right-Click to Exit feature. That is a relief from much labor.

However, when I exit: the Shading .... goes away. The problem is that in the ye olde Plus version of Quick-Shader the shading stuck around until I changed the view or hit esc / refresh. Thus I could trace certain alignment features before it went away. By just exiting it I cannot do that most critical operation. That is my main question.

As for the extended character code you suggested: that may do the trick. But I must confess ignorance here. I have never done any actual "programming" (except back in the pre-p.c. days of Fortran and Algol - but no, hey seriously, could I really be that olde?) so am not familiar with how to do what you suggested.

I opened a virgin file, created a cube, and to view it via Quick-Shader tried every combination of typing in those characters. Result: nothing. Only misdirected settings windows, including giving me the big crosshair cursor.

So: please tell me how to input that code.
1: While in a drawing file? In editing the .INI file??
2: Hit "Alt", then release, then punch in the numbers? Or add the "plus" sign in between? That of course means to hit Shift plus "+". Ha Ha. I don't believe your symbols meant that.

Thus 3: How do I input that code? :?

Thanks again.
Tom