Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14610 by deliriousga
Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:44 am
When I use the "Hide" command to clean up my 3D drawings, there's one problem. Wherever one object goes into another (like when a galble goes into the main roof) there is nothing to show the intersection. I would like for the program to create a line at the joining edge so I don't have to fudge the back of the gable out in front of the main roof or go in after rendering the line drawing and add lines to clean it up.

Is this currently possible? If so, how is it done?

TIA! :D
#14611 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:03 pm
If your doing 3D work, you should use / get the 3D power tools macro. It has a roof slab tool where you create each plane individualy and hips & valleys will meet like they really do. So when you do a HLR it should show the intersections as needed. FWIW.
#14612 by deliriousga
Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:30 pm
Thanks Josh. I bought the 3D power tools macro but have not been able to get into it much besides the snapshot feature. So much to learn with deadlines always looming. :roll:

So if I use the roof slab tool, does it draw a roof like RoofIt or is it one where you need to trace your roof plan? I'm ordering O2C today to start getting real. :D

Thanks!
#14613 by joshhuggins
Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:05 pm
Here's a quick video example for ya. This is where I will be posting future videos too.