Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#14678 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:24 am
Here is something that was just brought to my attention about the Datacad licences that I was not aware of.
(edit)
Additional licences may not be entitled to all the same rights and privileges as full licences, for example possibly not being transferable to another person. Users must make sure to make an informed purchases and understand what is and is not a part of their agreement of each licence they purchase. This information is complex not completely spelled out in simple black and white on the purchase page of the Datacad website. So the user must do their homework and research the agreements for each type of licence and when in doubt write (email) or call Datacad directly. With the best of intentions. :D
(/edit)
“Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.” (Talking about myself)
#14680 by Clay Rogers
Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:25 pm
I rarely post to the Forum, yet I have posted this before:

Intellectual property and software licensing issues are complex. Many people get confused about what their rights are under the DataCAD Software License Agreement. DATACAD LLC is the only authoritative source for information on the subject. If you know of anyone who has questions on the topic, please direct them to me.