Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#15034 by peter korzaan
Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:34 am
Client lives in Idyllwild Ca. and having never done a lighting plan to meet Ca. Title 24 wondered if anyone has some pointers and perhaps be so kind to send me a sample of a lighting plan so I can get the gist of what its about and how to draw it, and lable it.

Have some info on the particulars, but any suggestions and clarity would be apprieciated.
thanks p.
#15061 by jlmcougar
Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:17 am
I live in Cathedral city and have found that the best way to make certain that you pass the t-24 requirments is to have some do the t-24 for you and then design around that. If you need someone let me know.
#15065 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:30 am
You can get a copy of the Title 24 Energy 2005 Building Energy Efficiency Standards here. What type of building are you designing? I could help ya out in Single Family Res. if you like. It's pretty simple requirements. Also for Residential, the 2005 Residential Compliance Manual explains a lot of the reason and methods behind the new code and it's requirements. Also like mentioned above, we too have some one do the actual Title 24 Calculations and then adjust the buildings design around the requirements if needed. The design seldom changes other than maybe a required insulation installation inspection.
#15097 by peter korzaan
Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:50 pm
WOW !!!! 715 pages yikes... I never knew so much could be said about fake light ;-) ohh wait a minute it's about everything... hehehe... (sorry) we just deal with the Indians, and Navaho time here in Arizona. Makes things run smoooothly. No worries mate about all dem California books and regulations, they work real good as fire starters and no worry about energy conservation, no electrical in Hogan.

Nah, not me, I'm Caucasian and live in Sedona, got red rock fevor, in an un insulated walled house. But the floor and ceiling are. Old house. Nice friend, the walls breath so we don't have to worry about mold. Its just those dang termites, and rattlesnakes with there cousin scorpions. But then,, as they say, it the dry heat... and it shows in this message. Must have gone to the head. Cooked it.

Jamie loved to have some leads on someone locally that does the tittle 24.

Josh, building a residential house about 3300 sq ft. 3 bed, office, kit, living room and den, mit separate garage, on a granite pile.
Gee .. guess that has nothing to do with lighting, except when the back hoe makes sparks.. Hmm I'm a regular comedian today.
Guess I better stay in building. ;-)

thanks for the input... p.
#15102 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:13 pm
I think you might need to get out of the sun there Peter :wink: . I'll shoot ya over some guidelines, and example in a little bit and point you to the right code sections.
#15118 by peter korzaan
Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:11 pm
Thanks much, looking forward to it.

BTW just got new toy. Getting ready for DC12.

Boy the screen is bigger and XP is certainly different than 98se.. type is soo smalll ..ver dem binoculars
#15133 by peter korzaan
Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:32 pm
ya, already tried that, but will just leave it as it is and see how it works with Dcad

thanks for the reply...
#15182 by MtnArch
Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:14 am
Peter -

It's not the lighting that you have to worry too much about for Title 24 (it's mainly some general notes and making sure that you have fluorescents called out in certain places) - it's the MECHANICAL T-24 calcs that you want to have someone else do. If you simply utilize the Prescriptive Packages it's pretty painless - but I've never seen anyone actually use them since they came on the scene 20 years ago!

I use a guy named Mike Mideiros out of Madera, California (his website is www.homedesignservice.com - and click the Title 24 button at the top). He's fast, VERY reasonable and a nice guy to boot (but I can't seem to get him off of AutoCAD). Give him a call, and tell him that I recommended him to you.

Good luck!
#16924 by builder_D
Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:50 pm
I use NRG Compliance for all my Title 24 Calcs, they are the cheapest and fastest that I have found $100 for any houses up to 10,000 sq ft, the other guys were quoting me around $800 for that. Really good service too. I think there website is http://www.nrgcompliance.com

Dan