Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#17146 by jwmcd
Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:03 am
so we went to dual monitors on a firegl e1 vid card in a presision 350 workstation. downloaded the latest dell drivers for it from 2004 and the aspect ratio looks fat. it's like the vid card is treating the 2 monitors like one and datacad 10.05.04 is feeding off the 2560x1024 to set it's aspect. anybody else had problems like this? I have to go back to single monitor to use datacad. the newer presision 470 workstation we have with the firegl v3100 do not have this "feature". I'll see if I can get a screen cap to show you the problem.
#17154 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:53 am
You'll need to adjust your Datacad to your screen's aspect ratio. Use the Screen Calibration tool in the Program Prefs. You can read up more on it in the manual too.
#17165 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:47 pm
Hmm your right, I checked the Rev. History and looks like that came with v.11. I thought it had been around for quite a while before v.11, guess not. Not sure what to do for ya now :?
#17167 by jwmcd
Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:54 pm
thanks for the try though. it use to be in the display config back in 3.5 7 and 8 dos but I think they took it out in 8 9 and 10 windows

datacad user and abuser since 94
#17208 by jwmcd
Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:12 am
I think that's the issue I can't get it to set it seperately. when I click Extend Desktop Horizontal it uses 2560 for the Horizontal res. I'm just wondering if this is a win2000 issue. if you notice it doesn't show the 2 monitors in the display settings tab on the image. I have tried to find a setting to change the res seperately but it seems to tie them together. it does reconize the different monitors and has the proper names for them in the monitor tab. but it doesn't allow me to adjust them in that tab. probably cheaper to go out and buy a new vid card for the 2 computers I have that are doing this. now if I only had it in the budget.