Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#17821 by BrokenFlowers
Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:05 pm
Hi, I have a drawing file that for some reason won't open on version 10 (where it was created).
DataCAD (internal diagnostics) fault 43 Error from: 736
This is all the info I have on it, except that it does appear to display the drawing correctly prior to crashing. I've made sure that all .$$$ and .swp are gone. How can I parse this error? Does it mean that line 736 is the location of the problem? Does it have to do with the default view? Can I hexedit the file to at least get some of the entities back? It was the final version of the project, so I'd really like to be able to access it.

Thanks
#17824 by Tony Blasio
Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:00 am
I would recommend forwarding the file to DataCAD's tech support. They may be able to recover the file for you.
#17825 by Paul Nida
Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:14 am
If it is opening to the point that you can see the drawing display on the screen, then there is a good chance it is a corrupt entity. If you hit the Del key after it starts to display and before it crashes that will stop the screen display and you may be able to track down the corrupt entity. It is a lot of trial and error, I would start by going to the layer menu and set each layer in turn as active only to try to find the layer the corrupt entity is on and then go from there.

Or as Tony said, send it to tech support.