Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#17963 by markp
Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:32 pm
Is there a good bitmap-to-CAD converter? We have new logo files in .bmp, .jpg, .tif, and .eps formats. I know we can insert most of these into AEC files, but this is a pain due to the way our office handles default drawings. Currently, we have multiple default drawings that vary with scale, layer names, text/dimension settings. We also use overshoots on selective lines, with the size dependent on the scale of the drawing. Bitmaps don't "follow" the drawing well or convert into other CAD programs for our consultants. Is there a better way than converting the logo?
#17968 by Ted B
Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:04 pm
Why not make the titleblock a symbol or an xref, and insert the bit-mapped logo there? Then you probably would have only one-insertion per printed-sheet size....regardless of the scale of the drawing itself.

I just recently changed over to a similar system for my drawings; there's a master titleblock, and then for each major project there's a unique-folder of that project titleblock stored for each major revision. When it's time to issue an updated set, I just make a newly-revised titleblock-symbol and "replace" it for the previous one. Minor revisions are recorded on the "drawng sheet" itself. Since all the printed sheets are the same size, the "replaced" symbol is already re-scaled at the original-one's scale.