Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#18032 by MtnArch
Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:29 am
Don't ask me why, but I need to install my DC+ license on a new machine. I have an image of the disk on my portable drive but for some reason I didn't include a TXT file with the serial number.

I'm NOT looking for a serial number, but merely the format of it (ie. DCPW?????). Can anyone help me out on this one?

TIA!!
#18035 by Neil Blanchard
Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:33 am
Hello Alan,

You can try to look for the serial number in the INI file; or possibly in the Registry?

I do not have DC+ installed on any of my machines (new Windows all around) so I can't help you on the formatting.
#18069 by MtnArch
Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:33 am
Thanks, Mark - that's what I was looking for! I've sent you a private message expressing my thanks!

Neil - I wound up getting a new box after the demise of Plus and never installed it on the new one, and my box, CD, et al is down at the office (45 minutes away).

I hope that everyone has a GREAT New Year, and that 2007 will be a gangbuster for DC LLC with the (eventual) release of V12!