Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#18173 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:33 am
dannac wrote:Are these the same programs/macros ?

If not, any advantages to roof builder macro ?

Thanks

Danna

Hello Danna,

Roofit is a macro that ships with Datacad. It is good for doing simple roofs (i.e. all plate heights ar the same).

RoofBuilder is a seperate macro written by People Software (I beleive), and is pramirly a MODELING tool

RoofBuilder excels at MODELING much more complicated roofs. The catch is that you already have to have a 2D ROOF Plan to work from - RoofBuilder is NOT a tool to draw a roof with, it is a tool to help MODEL your existing roof plan. I also use it as a check to make sure that my roof is correct - it becomes obvious very quickly if you have made a mistake on your 2d Roof plan, once you model it with Roofbuilder.

Aaron Ben-Avraham
Atlanta, GA
#18200 by Giuseppe Barberio
Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:12 pm
I think someone had posted a video clip of one of the roof tools/modelers at work. Could someone point out where that clip is. It actually shows a roof being modeled. Very helpful clip.

Giuseppe
#18202 by joshhuggins
Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:32 pm
Here's a video showing a simple roof modeled using the 3DPower Tools macro.
#19122 by Jeff K
Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:24 pm
I have used RF Tools for years. Well worth the small expense. It does a great job roughing an elevation. You can just do slabs and openings via the AEC_Modl macro if you have trouble with the wall portion in R11 (for some reason only the roof and walls work for me, I started having problems with the window cutouts when I got new Hardware and R11)