Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#19174 by Bob
Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:10 pm
Is there a way to set the Z-heights for a layer so that when it is the active one the current entry heights automatically change? Currently I use identify and “Set All” to change the Z heights for walls I add to a layer.

It is easier to ask you folks out there than spend the time searching manuals for answers.

Thanks in advance for imput.

Bob
#19176 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:45 pm
Hello Bob,

Yes, there is a way to set Z-heights by layer; from the DataCAD Manual PDF (page 209 of 724 in the file, or page 197 on the page):

Setting Z-Base and Z-Height for a Layer
Each layer can have different Z-base and Z-height settings.
:arrow: To specify Z-base and Z-height settings for each layer:
1. Select Settings from the Utility menu. The Settings menu appears.
2. Toggle on Z By Layer. The Z-base and Z-height will be remembered for each layer.
#19177 by Bob
Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:01 pm
Neil,

Thanks for the help. It will help me with many of my many corrections.

Bob
#19195 by Greg Blandin
Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:46 am
THAT, my friend, is a great tip!
#19198 by Tony Blasio
Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:57 am
I wish there was a way along with this to lock z-heights on a layer to prevent accidental change. Not sure how to implement it though. Just a thought... :?
#19209 by MtnArch
Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:02 pm
Could you set it up as an Alias, or through a custom button that would reset everything to your layer, z-base and z-height, etc.?