Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1437 by Tony Goode
Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:26 am
Apologies for posting on the 'Wishlist'

The way text is typed into one of my drawings has suddenly changed, previously as I typed I could see exactly what was written, now it apears as a tiny font until I finish entering the text when it then expands to the usual size. How can I return the text input mode to its original state? :shock:
#1438 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:47 am
Hello Tony:

When you say it is tiny -- it is still on the screen, and not on the bit below the screen, right? It only happens in this one drawing? Did you change the Alignment recently? Have you restarted DataCAD and/or your computer?
#1442 by Tony Goode
Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:27 am
The text does appear in the drawing space as it is typed but at a very small font on the bottom left of the cursor which is barely visible unless you zoom in. It was only happening on one drawing until this morning when I had two drawings open, saved and closed them, it now happens on both. Settings are the same.
#1445 by Tony Goode
Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:41 am
Neil

Alignment settings are: bottom / left

Tony
#1452 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:37 am
I had this happen to me, go into the font style, and re set all of your font settings. I think it happens when there is a value that is set blank by some weird exit procedure. Mine was because there was not a valid font name selected.
#1453 by Tony Goode
Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:48 am
:D This has worked....... even though I was typing was in arial font the setting was romanc
Neil & Josh thanks for all the help
Tony