Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#21946 by Giuseppe Barberio
Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:34 pm
Any news out there? Was wondering if smeone could give an update about when V12 will be released. Are there any other new features/functions to be included with V12 that we haven't heard about?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Giuseppe
#21947 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:47 pm
Hello Giuseppe,

No firm date, but at the DBUG presentation last week, Mark Madura said that they are working at squashing bugs and updating the DWG capabilities. Beta 87 was the current version at that time, so you can see that things have been proceeding with all possible speed.
#22853 by Giuseppe Barberio
Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:58 am
Great news. I hope to read about or see video of the presentation with all the various features.

Giuseppe
#22969 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:17 pm
Does the debut of V12 mean that all beta testing is done? If so is there any word as to when V12 will be available to purchase?
#22979 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:50 pm
Hello Giuseppe,

Beta is today at the 104 (under)version and is named as "one of the last beta's".
There is some time required to fix all the minor problems still present in the software, but the general hope by testers is (like yours) to have it available by next 4-6 weeks.

No matter which delay still will be demanded, DataCAD 12 will be great for many things that we all expected over its improvements.
It will worth by far the huge efforts spent by the Guys at Avon. All of us, users, will take the benefits of this long battle.

Thanks,
Miguel
#23188 by Brian Engebretson
Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:54 am
I’m surprised that I haven’t seen anyone inquire about what was shown at the DataCAD 12 debut at Milford High School. Or did I miss it?
#23192 by Giuseppe Barberio
Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:10 pm
I was also wondering about the presentation Milford High. Anyone see it? Any comments?
#23194 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:44 pm
Hello,

We saw Release Candidate 1, and it was an overview of what we have seen before: lots of details on the new "smart" walls, doors, and windows including built-in textures, new MSP tools including scale-dependent Pen tables, MText and ParaText, new snapping tools including an Offset snap, SketchUp tools, etc. Lots of new things...

We heard about timing and pricing: it should be released in 2-4 weeks, and it will cost $395 to upgrade from v11, $495 to upgrade from v10, $595 to upgrade from v9, and $795 to upgrade from v8.5 or earlier -- and there will be a 10% discount for an introductory period. There will be an LT version, but the timing and pricing are not determined yet.

More details will be forthcoming in the DBUG meeting notes -- I'm going only from memory and what others have already posted.
#23327 by Brian Engebretson
Tue May 01, 2007 2:09 pm
In one of the DBUG digests (#71), Mike Smith mentioned that v12 will have a “Save as v11” option. Does that mean the .aec file format is changing? Will v11 be able to open v12 without first doing a save as from 12?

Just curious because we have a few people in the office that use LT11 to view our plans. I’m wondering if they will be out of luck until LT12 comes out.

Thanks
#23346 by Neil Blanchard
Tue May 01, 2007 2:57 pm
Hello Brian,

Yes, a v12 AEC file cannot be opened with v11, so if you need to work on a drawing in v11 after working on it in v12, then you have to use this Save As V11 AEC option. Any Smart Entities in the file will be converted to 2D and/or 3D equivalents.