Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#19485 by peter korzaan
Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:00 pm
Is there a work around, its no big thing, but I had to change some details and delete some old, its ..da 'out of sequence' with the others, is there a way or work around to rearrange the details within the same sheet.

There is a move option that will move the whole sheet to a new arrangement in the order of sheets (as in 1,2,3..ect) but not within as far as I can tell.

Also what the heck does 'Layer Toggle" do? I'm gutless right now to try it, as it may put me into hiber space.. ;-)
thanks for any assistance p.
#19487 by Michael Olney
Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:11 pm
peter korzaan wrote:Also what the heck does 'Layer Toggle" do?

I am assuming that you are reffering to the "Layer Toggle" under "Print/Plot", "Multi-layout", "Details". This allows you to toggle the layers that are on or off for each existing detail in your multi-layout. Using it, you don't have to delete and re-insert a detail just to turn a layer on or off.
#26067 by Tamara
Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:46 am
peter korzaan wrote:Is there a work around, its no big thing, but I had to change some details and delete some old, its ..da 'out of sequence' with the others, is there a way or work around to rearrange the details within the same sheet.

There is a move option that will move the whole sheet to a new arrangement in the order of sheets (as in 1,2,3..ect) but not within as far as I can tell.

Also what the heck does 'Layer Toggle" do? I'm gutless right now to try it, as it may put me into hiber space.. ;-)
thanks for any assistance p.

I see that Peter wrote this in 2005 and there does not seem to be a response to his main question. I would also like to be able to move my details around on my sheet. Is this possible in Data Cad 11?
#26081 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:02 am
Hello,

If I understand the question correctly, it is referring to the order of the MSP details on the menu? AFAIK, there is no way to reorder these, short of deleting and recreating them in the order you want them in.

OTOH, in v12 we can now give them longer names, and we can select details by clicking on them in the layout area, so the order on the menu is fairly irrelevant, I think.
#26089 by Tamara
Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:58 am
What I want to do is reposition a detail on the sheet. For example, if a detail was in the upper left hand corner and now I want to reposition it to the center of the page. It looks to me that I have to delete that detail and reinsert it but I was hoping that there was a better way to do this.

Thanks for your help.