Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#19786 by planman
Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:22 am
Hi Guys,
In my current contract I am having to use AutoCad 2007 :( but do like the construction line facility and the facility to pan the drawing by holding the wheel down.
Is there the facility to do that in DataCad 10 or 11? :?
#19790 by Greg Blandin
Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:18 am
Ctrl + Alt + Left Click (hold down)
#19804 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:04 pm
Hello & welcome,

In v11 there is dynamic panning, as Greg mentioned; but not in v10. Also in v11, you can use the scroll wheel to zoom -- the default is with the Control key held down, but you can opt out of that (in Program Preferences), and if you need to reverse the zooming directions, there is an INI file line you can add.
#19831 by planman
Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:26 am
Thanks Guys.

What about invisible construction lines though. Used to be able to do thid in version 9! :?
#19840 by Dick Eades
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:33 am
Let's be clear about what we are calling construction lines. I see these as non-printing lines that are very long like chalk lines on a slab or batterboards on a site. When I worked in AutoCAD a long time ago, there were entities called x-lines and y-lines. With a single click you could place one of these lines, so you didn't have to pick a relationship with an entity then back off to start the line and pan way over to pick the other end and eventually extend the line out farther because it was too short.

Alas, in the version I was using these lines were limited to the width or height of the screen but the simplicity of placing them with a single click made them very useful.

In DataCAD, I found that I eventually incorporated these lines into the design anyway and they became the walls or centerlines or something so I got out of the habit of using them. But I still think that a simple, single-click very long line that automatically went to its own special ayer and didn't print would be very useful.
#19841 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:45 am
Similar to what SketchUP does.

There are construction points.
#19842 by Dick Eades
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:56 am
Yes, I was going to add that as well, but my post was getting a bit long and my coffee was getting cold.
#19849 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:54 am
Dick Eades wrote:Yes, I was going to add that as well, but my post was getting a bit long and my coffee was getting cold.

Sure sure...whatever makes you feel important. :lol: