Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#19964 by Ken Hattan
Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:38 pm
For some reason my Symbol Browser quit working. I can still access all the symbols through the Insert button, but that takes more time.

This all happened after I updated my laptop to 11.08.01. I think.

It appears to have the current symbol file stuck in the browser window. The file that is shown works fine, but when I go to open the folder icon it locks up and I have to hit the Esc key to unlock it.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Ken Hattan :?
#19968 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:20 pm
Hello Ken,

The Browse dialog window may be opening off the screen (are you using two monitors)? To get it back on the screen, open the DataCAD/Support Files/DcadWinDialogs.gui file (with a text editor, like NotePad) and find the section:

[Browse Folder]
Left=647
Top=29
Width=598
Height=934

And delete the lines of this section below the [Browse Folder]; then restart DataCAD, and you should be able to browse for symbols again.

If you have two monitors, then you need to only resize the Browse dialog on the primary monitor. If you want to use the other one, you need to change which is designated the Primary Monitor.
#20029 by Greg Blandin
Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:57 am
Is it just me or does this seem to be cropping up a lot?

Could it be that whoever finalized the last updated to 11 could have had it opened on a second monitor and now it's defaulted there with the update?
#20067 by Ted B
Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:39 pm
I use a single monitor, and for the last week everytime I start Datacad I have to go into the DataCAD/Support Files/DcadWinDialogs.gui file and delete the lines following [browse folder]. This started when I upgraded to MS-IE7, though I can't see how it's related. Before it only locked-up occasionally, but now it's ever session; and "esc" doesn't free-up the program. I have to "end program" through task manager.

Each time I open DataCAD/Support Files/DcadWinDialogs.gui file, the " Left= , Top= , Width= , Height= " values are there again....and I delete them.

It's getting very tedious....
#20070 by Greg Blandin
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:11 pm
try hitting the <end> key
#20339 by Ken Hattan
Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello Ken,

The Browse dialog window may be opening off the screen (are you using two monitors)? To get it back on the screen, open the DataCAD/Support Files/DcadWinDialogs.gui file (with a text editor, like NotePad) and find the section:

[Browse Folder]
Left=647
Top=29
Width=598
Height=934

And delete the lines of this section below the [Browse Folder]; then restart DataCAD, and you should be able to browse for symbols again.

If you have two monitors, then you need to only resize the Browse dialog on the primary monitor. If you want to use the other one, you need to change which is designated the Primary Monitor.

Thanks Neil, it worked perfect.