Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#20146 by James Putnam
Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:22 am
I have previously been able to import .dwg files but been having trouble since switching to XP. I can export a .dwg and import the same one back into DCAD without any problem. My problem occurs from .dwg files from other sources (engineers). I saw in another post that the problem might be my adinit.dat file but could not find it on my DCAD 8.5 disk. Any ideas that might help ?? Thanks !
#20148 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:38 am
Try adjusting the import settings in the Program Prefs on the DXF/DWG tab. Toggle the different option one at a time until you find one that works for that file. Usually move to origin and the translate colors seem to give me the most hassle, so I would start there.
#20150 by James Putnam
Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:15 pm
I don't find a "move to origin" choice in my dwg tab in Prefs. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for ! When changing everything I could, all I get when I try to import is "Bad Class Definition" message at the bottom.

Thanks for trying to help me though !!!
#20151 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:24 pm
Opps sorry I missed you were on 8.5.
#20155 by MtnArch
Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:24 pm
The issue may be in the version of the DWG that you're receiving from the engineers - it may not be compatible with V8.5. Make sure that they are saving it down to an Acad V2000 format - V8.5 won't read anything over that. Also, make sure that the engineers are exploding all of their package-specific objects (know "affectionately" as 'Proxies') since these will NOT translate into Dcad.

Good luck!