Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#1501 by Dick Eades
Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:08 pm
I just loaded the 11.06 update. I am copying a project to make a new project. The folder names and file names both change for the new project. When I open the copied files, no xref's show in the Reference File Manager even though the old xref's to the parent project display and identify correctly. I can left-click and select xref tools and then redefine and I can redefine the xref to the new file name and path, but it still doesn't show up in the Reference File Manager. It identifies and displays correctly.
#1506 by Dick Eades
Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:31 pm
I have managed to fix this, but it required opening dcadwin.ini and correcting some paths including the xref insertion path which is not available under Tools/Program Preferences and the Sessions path.

In my opinion, more thought needs to be directed to the process of copying one project to create another where both file names and path names are changed.
#1510 by Dick Eades
Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:59 pm
I did initially look at Orphans. In fact, I tried the trick of renaming the parent folder so it would trigger the orphan dialog, but since both the path and filenames change, that would not allow me to redefine them all together. Since there was no advantage there, I changed the parent folder name back to the original.