Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#20218 by Gman
Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:40 am
OK, I got a new notebook computer with Vista home premium. I am running the latest Datacad updates. everything works so far except... when I batch plot to a PDF, strange things happen. The first layout goes to the proper directory, the first thing I notice is that the PDF file has the wrong date on it. I open the file and its exactly what I sent. OK I can live with the date issue since I rename the PDF anyway. I rename (left elevation) and proceed to the next plot and go back to the directory and there is nothing there other than the 1st renamed plot I sent. I try multiple times trying all the layout options and still nothing. I open the 1st PDF I renamed and its contents is completeley different than what I sent originally and, here's the kicker, its completeley different from any of the layouts I tried plotting. I sent elevations, it changed to a floorplan.
Any ideas? do I have a demonically posessed computer?

The version of acrobat is V7
#20234 by Brian Engebretson
Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:28 am
That is very unusual. This may be a long shot, but anytime I have plotting problems that defy logic, I check to make sure none of my layer names and GoToView names have odd characters. For example if you have a layer named “1.walls” change it to “1-walls”.

Hope this helps.
#20244 by Gman
Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:29 pm
Brian Engebretson wrote:That is very unusual. This may be a long shot, but anytime I have plotting problems that defy logic, I check to make sure none of my layer names and GoToView names have odd characters. For example if you have a layer named “1.walls” change it to “1-walls”.

Hope this helps.

No, this is a releatively new drawing, only layer name like 1stfl 2ndfl roof1 roof2 and sutch. now I am having hatch problems. Seems the begin command is missing when I try to hatch entities. had this problem before and was able to remedy it by adding a command line in the Dcadwin.ini file under [hatchpatterns], SingleClick=FALSE. Added it again in the new install and it still doesnt work.
#20364 by Gman
Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 am
Just an update to the problems I had. Contacted tech support, (they were great), enclosed is the remedy to the hatch problem:

Windows Vista is actually not using the DCADWIN.INI file located in the program installation folder. You need to make any edits to the copy of the file that is in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\DataCAD folder instead.
(just fo those of you who may not know the command line to add the begin option back to hatching, here it is. In the Dcadwin.ini file under [hatchpatterns], change the setting to- SingleClick=FALSE)

The printing to a PDF using batch file is more of a walk around, they suggested I go to print/plot and when the Preview image appears, click the Save As button. Then select the destination folder, type the desired name for the PDF and click Save.

This is probably something that everybody else already knows, but I have always gone through batch plot to plot the PDF's, maybe this will encourage me to read the manual to see what else I am doing bass-ackwards
#20365 by Ben at TJB Architects
Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:37 am
The printing to a PDF using batch file is more of a walk around, they suggested I go to print/plot and when the Preview image appears, click the Save As button. Then select the destination folder, type the desired name for the PDF and click Save.

A walk around?! Batch Plot is the ONLY way to go...I wouldn't even consider Preview and SaveAs on a project anymore.
It takes a fraction of the time to Batch Plot 75 or more sheets than going thru individually.
Nothing bassackwards there, brutha!
#20724 by Gman
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:57 pm
Just an update on my problem(s) with DataCad & Vista, I did something (don't know what) that required me to re-install DataCad, now plotting using batch plot works fine.
I'm a genius. :?
#22022 by Paul Nida
Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:28 pm
We just got a new computer with Vista installed. We loaded DCAD 11 and it worked fine. But when we updated to 11.08.01, snapping with the middle button on a Logitech mouse stopped working. We have the latest version of Logitech's Set Point software loaded. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a known solution?
#22024 by Paul Nida
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Yes, that is the first thing I checked. We loaded DCAD 11 on the machine and it was snapping correctly. But after updating to 11.08.01 it stopped snapping using the middle button. We tried setting other buttons to middle button and that didn't work either. The "N" key would still snap, but that is a PIA to have to work that way. So we put an older mouse on that machine and it is working now. But it would be nice to have the wheel mouse back I am sure (it is not my machine so I am not missing anything). I looked at some of the threads on here about Vista but didn't see this problem mentioned. So I thought I would check to see if anybody else has run across it.
#22026 by joshhuggins
Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:30 pm
I haven't had any issues snapping with my logitech cordless mouseman opt., but I don't use the setpoint software FWIW.
#22030 by Gman
Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:59 pm
I you are looking for an initialization file location, here is what tech support told me as to where Vista stores that information;

Windows Vista is actually not using the DCADWIN.INI file located in the program installation folder. You need to make any edits to the copy of the file that is in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\DataCAD folder instead.