Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#20410 by John Yurko
Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:24 pm
On a new computer with a fresh install of DC11, when I try to install the update, I get the following message:

"Setup was unable to locate your previous DataCAD installation & can not continue. Please verify that DataCAD 11 is installed on your computer and re-run this update"

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks.
#20411 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 pm
Hello John,

I assume that the installation is in the default location? If you have v11.08.01 on another computer, look in the Internet Delivered Updates folder and run it from there, or copy it to the local machine and run it.
#20414 by John Yurko
Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:20 am
Yes. DataCAD is in the default location, C/Program Files/DataCAD; I get this message after the wizard finishes, and the Setup window gets to 100%, so downloading isn't the problem.
#20421 by Mark Toce
Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:40 am
Sounds like your registry entry may be missing or corrupted. A reinstall from the DataCAD 11 CD will correct this. You can choose the Custom installation type and pick just the DataCAD 11 program files.