Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#20813 by Bev
Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:21 pm
I recently got a new computer, and everything necessary had seemed to be loaded. On my old computer I had a macro in my toolbox called PITCH. My coworker has it on his computer too, still works correctly on his. Copied onto my computer, when I select it from the toolbox it used to list all the standard roof pitches, now there is no list. Closed out of DataCAD. I found the CD Cheap Tricks Ware volume 4, that appears to be where we got it initially. I copied it from the CD into my macro folder. Opened DataCAD and my current drawing, selected PITCH from my toolbox, still no list. Any ideas what I'm missing? Any help is appreciated.
Bev
#20815 by MtnArch
Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:47 pm
Bev -

There must be a file that goes along with it - probably in the same directory on your co-worker's drive as the macro. I'd go looking there to start.
#20816 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:25 pm
Hello Bev,

A relatively easy way to draw a roof pitch without a macro is to simply change to Relative Cartesian and type in X=.120 and Y=.60 (120 inches and 60 inches) for a 6:12 pitch roof, or what ever pitch you need. I like to "multiply" the pitch by 10 just so the line is longer. If you need it to go up to the left, use X= -.120 (minus 120 inches).

When you're done, change back to the input mode of your preference. :)
#20825 by Jon C. Hubart
Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:26 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello Bev,

A relatively easy way to draw a roof pitch without a macro is to simply change to Relative Cartesian and type in X=.120 and Y=.60 (120 inches and 60 inches) for a 6:12 pitch roof, or what ever pitch you need. I like to "multiply" the pitch by 10 just so the line is longer. If you need it to go up to the left, use X= -.120 (minus 120 inches).

When you're done, change back to the input mode of your preference. :)

I know this sounds nit picky but why not just enter X=12 and Y=6? This would save you 4 key strokes and have almost the same line length.
#20827 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:21 am
Hello Jon,

I guess that you could do that -- frankly, I was thinking that you would have to keep things in inches in order to be accurate; but of course, it is a ratio so the units doesn't matter. Thanks for the nudge! :o
#20835 by Dick Eades
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:33 am
I use the same method for creating roof pitches as mentioned above, but sometimes I receive a drawing and don't know the pitch because it is not shown. So, I created a symbol that I can load that allows me to measure the pitch.

Now, if DataCAD would allow us to measure angled lines by pitch, I wouldn't need this.
#20838 by Tony Blasio
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:37 am
Dick Eades wrote:Now, if DataCAD would allow us to measure angled lines by pitch, I wouldn't need this.

Now thats a wish. This would be nice. I do like the idea about the symbol with all the pitches. I might have to crate one of those.... :idea:
#20840 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:58 am
Pitch macro use an additional file called default.pit which should be in your macro directory. Copy it from the other computer. You could also load the file (F9, Filemenu) if you can see it.

HTH
#20860 by Paul Nida
Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:13 pm
I use an old macro called 3dangle. It will tell you the angle of the line as displayed on the screen or tell you the real world angle in a 3d view.
#20884 by Bev
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:31 am
Thanks to Daniel pointing me in the right direction, I opened the toolbox, selected "Pitch" and then "Load File" from there I found the location of the CD, and in a DCS folder found the "default.pit" mentioned. I "Save File" into my macro folder along with the Pitch macro. Now it appears to work again. It's very handy to use - much nicer than having the angle chart hanging above my desk as in "the old days" and much nicer than drawing a line 12 across and 4 up, then joining the points, etc. Thanks again for the help.
Bev
#21022 by Ted B
Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:55 pm
One of the hand aspects of Sketch-Up is that you can enter angles as pitches. I can't wait for Datacad-12"s interoperability with Sketch-Up.